Sunday, May 15, 2016

The Capitol Building and Library of Congress, Morning Day 2

Day 2 we got up early and had a great breakfast of bacon and eggs and other stuff.  It was the same exact breakfast as we had the day before.  The only difference was I started chewing on bacon and all of a sudden I felt a pop in my molar on the left side.  I was a little scared but there really wasn't any pain.  I could tell that something was wrong though and the tooth felt like it was on a hinge.  I went up to my room and shined my phone into my mouth and this is what I saw.  Gross.  It only hurt if I accidentally chewed on it.  I was able to text Teresa and since it was a 2 hour time zone difference I had to wait till almost noon eastern time to get ahold of the dentist.  He finally called when we were eating lunch.  We were in one of those giant food court type lunch places.  I got some burritos at Taco Bell because I only wanted soft food.  He told me to get some superglue and to try to bond it as much as possible until I got back  home.

My cracked molar from biting some bacon
We detoured first thing that morning to a souvenir store and I bought a replica of the Declaration of Independance and the girls got a few things as well.  
Our first stop was the Capitol building which, as you can see, is under construction.  It was a fabulous tour.  An interesting note is a couple days after we were inside a gunman was shot in the very area we had been at.  We saw a video about E Pluribus Unum, Out of Many, One, which is the motto of the US.  The building is very intricate as well as the Library of Congress.  I took lots of photos.  The Library of Congress had astounding architecture and great details in their paintings.  


Macey and Katy

I'm so handsome


The Freedom Statue

Twin Falls school and Macy and Katy

Lots of neat blossoms


Karen going back after Eric

coming around the side



The backside of the Capitol Building





The Supreme Court building I believe

Going through security to get in

The Hawaii representative where we were supposed to meet.   You couldn't miss him.




William Borah, Idaho's representative statue





The inside of the inner dome.  Lots of scaffolding and construction













He would sit here and for some reason the sound would carry to his desk and he could hear conversations from other people across the room

Shoup the other Idaho representative statue






Replica of the Freedom Statue on top of the Capitol Building.  Its the exact dimensions



Lots of intricate details in the Library of Congress














Our tour guide is stressed to keep us all together





Still looking for our group.  Right after this photo was taken the tour guide went and grumbled to Mr. Nelson, the leader of Twin Falls school, and told him to tell Eric to keep up.  Funny






a peaceful protest

Just a cool guard


The Pentagon


No comments:

Post a Comment